I walked along the sea front today, it is so nice to get fresh air. I have been cooked up inside for over two weeks. If it's raining I will struggle to get out. I am very reliant on the weather.
My foot still swells if left down for a short period of time. I can probably last for about 40 minutes maximum then it's foot up time.
My pain has settled. Today I have not taken any pain killers. I just get the odd twinge, mostly on the ankle. When I walk it pulls my groin and hip muscles, I guess with the weight of the fixator I am not use to using these muscles. Hopefully this will improve in time.
I am managing to put the foot plate on by myself. I have to lie on my back with my leg up in the air and fiddle with the screw attachments. It takes a bit of skill and perseverance, if there's a will there's away!
No comments:
Post a Comment